What are the top 3 items on your grocery list? Your absolute must haves.
Biba: Nuts, greens and avocado.
What foods do you recommend to help protect, firm and nourish your skin from the inside out?
Biba: Avocados and nuts - healthy fats!
What’s your go-to juice?
Biba: Beets, green apple, carrot, cucumber, ginger and lemon.
- Beets: Fights inflammation and improves digestive health
- Green apple: Increases metabolism and fights against ageing
- Carrot: Strengthens your bones and improves eye health
- Cucumber: Contains antioxidants and promotes hydration
- Ginger: Keeps your mouth healthy and soothes sore muscles
- Lemon: Supports weight loss and improves your skin
What’s your smoothie of choice?
Biba: Almond milk, Almond butter,Flax seed meal, banana, frozen berries, Dragon fruit extract, Maca powder, Camu-Camu powder and local Honey to support seasonal allergy immunity.
Does gut health really affect your skin health? What do you suggest for a healthier digestive system?
Biba: Yes. Gut imbalance and poor digestion can result in rosacea, acne, skin blotchiness and pigmentation. And aging, in general. I would suggest eating 80% plant based food and eliminating processed foods, most oils (because they are rancid), sugar, wheat flour and excessive carbs.
Are there any specific cleanses you would recommend for clearer skin?
Biba: Yes. A 3 day (72 hrs) vegetable juice fast, and Dr. Schulze’s